Blue Star Grit: A Mother's Journey of Triumph and Tragedy Raising a Defiant Child into an Exceptional Leader
Good leaders are hard to raise. Learn from this poignant parenting memoir the path to let go and let grow.
Parenting a strong-willed child is a constant uphill battle-until you learn how to shift from control to connection using the help of a parent who guided her difficult child into a resilient leader.
Positive Parenting founder, Conscious Discipline specialist, and single mom Ginny Luther, MS, struggled with her young son Bart, who was defiant and had a violent temper. The more she tried to control him, the worse his behavior got. Overwhelmed with the challenges and guilt, Ginny realized she had to stop reacting in fear and anger and learn to connect with Bart or they'd never make it.
Blue Star Grit is the emotional journey of a parent and her defiant child embracing the struggle that allowed them to shift from pain to peace-and after tragedy struck with Bart's death, from grief to gratitude. Whether you're struggling to discipline a kid, heal family relationships, or grieving for a loved one, Ginny and Bart's story will prove the struggle is the catalyst for powerful growth.
- How Ginny cultivated Bart's natural tendencies, so he was able to grow into a respected, resourceful, and self-aware military leader-and how to do the same with your own child.
- The difference between guiding the discipline and controlling the child-one works, the other doesn't.
- Five examples of embracing conflicts and mastering growth through tough challenges.
- How to build a relationship with your child that motivates them to be resilient and take responsibility for their choices.
- How to reclaim your own behavior and gain peace in your relationships.
The journey to peace starts with connection and letting go of guilt. This powerful memoir will change the way you see yourself as a parent and guide your child to become the strong individual you know they can be.