Lonely Planet Kids 101 Things to do on a Walk 1
Take a walk on the wild side with this outdoor activity book that will turn your next family ramble into the ultimate walking adventure. Packed with 101 fun and creative ideas from constructing an obstacle course, building a den, and cloudgazing; this epic guide will show you how to embrace our natural world and enjoy a restorative stomp outside.
Transform your next hilly hike, coastal stroll or woodland wander with this inspiring book. Beautiful illustrations, vibrant photos, awesome tips and practical advice can be found on every page alongside simple yet innovative activities that will liven up your walks and bring you closer to nature. Search for a shiny pebble or downy feather; unleash your inner artist by making leaf prints and nature rubbings; or simply take a moment to shut your eyes and listen to the many different sounds that surround you. Splash, create, collect, measure, look, identify, admire…there's more to a walk than just walking!
Inside 101 Things to do on a Walk:
-Discover 101 immersive, imaginative and diverse activities to entertain curious minds during your next walk: embark on a fossil hunt; let a coin decide the way; make and fly a kite; spot animal homes; create a nature bracelet; concoct a magic potion; play pooh sticks; look for wildflowers; identify different stones and so much more
- Themed chapters make activities easy to find based on the walking adventure you wish to have: Explore and discover; Activities and things to do; Get Creative; Play games
- Practical information and key tips on what to pack, thinking ahead, staying safe, respecting the great outdoors
- Highlights the importance of a good walk and its benefits including spending more time with loved ones, boosting our mood and encouraging exercise
- Use the handy checklist provided against some of the crafts to check if you will need to bring simple materials from home before you head out
- Features stunning illustrations and photographs to inspire your next walking adventure
101 Things to do on a Walk will change the way you and your family approach your next amble in a park, woodland or nature trail for the better! This is the perfect book to encourage little ones - and grown ups - to unlock their imaginations and appreciate our wonderful world. It's time to get your boots on, explore and have fun.
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travelers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!