Lonely Planet Kids Lost at Sea! Shipwrecks 1
Discover 12 gripping retellings of fascinating shipwrecks in this mind-blowing kids book packed with heroic escapes, daring rescues and oceanic adventure. Bursting with amazing illustrations, historic photography and interactive surprises: this is a must-buy book for curious minds fascinated by dramatic real-life events and the secrets of the sea.
Did you know there are over three million shipwrecks lying beneath the world's seabeds? Unearth 12 legendary stories buried with each wreck and learn about the ship's original mission; the period it sailed in; the day it all went wrong; and the moment the ship was discovered at the bottom of the ocean. From the Mary Rose; the Queen Anne's Revenge; the HMS Terror; to the most famous of all, RMS Titanic - children will delight in unfolding the book's interactive pages that bring these historical stories to life.
Inside Lost at Sea! Shipwrecks:
- Over 12 dramatic retellings of shipwrecks throughout history and across the world
- Stunning original artwork, maps, illustrations and photography accompany each story
- Insightful details, unique facts and observations examine the ship's purpose, the period it was built, its original appearance, the day it sank and the moment it was found
- Lift-the-flaps, open the gatefolds and other novelty elements keep readers engaged and reveal extra imagery and information
- Covers: ThePunic Ship (Mediterranean Sea, Italy); Roskilde 6 (Denmark); Mary Rose (English Channel, England); Vasa (Stockholm Harbour, Sweden); San José (Cartagena, Colombia); Queen Anne's Revenge (North Carolina, USA); HMS Erebus & HMS Terror (Canada); SS Yongala (Pacific Ocean, Queensland, Australia); RMS Titanic (North Atlantic); Endurance (Weddell Sea, Antarctica); USS Indianapolis (Philippine Sea)
Lost at Sea! Shipwrecks is the ultimate gift for children - and grown ups - who are mesmerised by the ocean and the mysteries that lie beneath it. Written by Ben Hubbard and illustrated by Eoin Coveney, readers can dive into the riveting retellings of each shipwreck story and learn all there is to know about some of the world's most infamous vessels taken by the waves.
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travelers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!